Future-proof digital infrastructure
Digital infrastructure lies at the heart of what we do. And we place high demands on our work – we aim to build the most reliable and sustainable network in the world.
We have been developing and expanding the digital infrastructure throughout Denmark for many years. Danes are constantly connected to each other and the outside world – even during a pandemic.
What have we achieved?
- Nationwide 5G mobile coverage and the world’s best mobile phone network.
- Fibre rolled out to 607k addresses.
- Reduced our CO2 emission by 23.900 tonne.
- Realised the goals in our Carrier Grade programme, including replacement of 430 kilometres of optic fibre, shutting down legacy data centres, and migrating to new power-saving technology.
What comes next?
- Continue to rapidly roll-out future-proof digital infrastructure and world-class mobile phone and landline networks.
- Reach one million homes with our fibre network by 2025.
- Identify more opportunities for transition to a sustainable, green future.
Want to know more? Download the latest sustainability report here
Our 5G network brought TV viewers closer to the Tour de France riders
When Tour de France visited Denmark in the summer 2022, TDC NET played a central role in getting TV viewers closer to the riders. In collaboration with the Danish broadcasting company, TV 2, we tested our 5G network resilience to deliver high-quality, high-speed live feeds from areas where many people were using their private mobile devices to stream the Tour de France event.
Hvad har vi gjort?
- Dedicadet 10% of our 5G-network, so TV 2 could broadcast live.
- Transmitted high-quality live images from areas where many people used their private mobile devices to stream the Tour de France event.
Photo: ©TV 2
Our other paths to sustainability
Future-proof digital infrastructure is one of the five focus areas. Click on one of the pages below and read more about the other paths to sustainability.